Forum: Vue

Subject: Card II: the Papess

headhunter opened this issue on Mar 23, 2000 ยท 8 posts

headhunter posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 2:04 PM

Silv: I wish someone with some modeling skills would create a dress jointed like the mermaid tail. That would be ideal. Nerd has a skirt on his site, but it's not full-length. A pants-leg also makes a good seated dress/robe if you make invis' all but one thigh & shin & do some warping & positioning. As for the Lovers card, I saw your two versions on your site. Both were original symbolisms (I prefer the swans over the odd-couple in front of the Tree of Life background, it looks a bit "noir" for a Lovers card [G]) The most common variants are the man between the two women often with a cupid overhead (supposedly symbolising love of ones family & ones mate or variants thereon) and the "Adam & Eve" scene with only one man, one woman and a third figure (this card is called "marriage" in some decks, e.g Eteilla tarot) What sort of symbolism were you shooting for on your Lovers card? Maybe I can suggest something. BTW: I have Trimax's scroll, the texmap is what I used for the Papess's book pages. Bloodsong: Didn't see the Byzantines on Rena's page (at least not under the new stuff) Do you recall what they were called exactly?