Forum: Bryce

Subject: Just my thoughts on the contest and the artists...

draculaz opened this issue on Oct 03, 2002 ยท 49 posts

bound4doom posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 2:23 PM

Illinois!! You hick you, us people from Indiana ain't no hicks. Wow what an interesting thread. You know constructive critisism is a good thing but helping them out rather than just saying its crap would go a long ways. Now there is art I like and I don't like someone up above mentioned picaso and other famous artist I really don't like any of the older oil paintings, I realise they are worth a lot of money, but not to me. Because I personally do not like the style. I am not going to criticise thier work because I do not like it. As far as the 2 pics I like the lord of the rings one much better. However I am not all that into Sci-Fi scenes. It is a personal choice. Same with the people that do the super hero images, I personaly do not like them. I do not think that now if someone asked me to critique it I could do so only half heartedly. Now there are artists out there that I can sit back and look at every single detail of their pic over an over again. Toxic Angel is an excellent artist I enjoy looking at his artwork. However he has some scenes he does that I don't like, it is not that the quality of the art is not there because it is, it is the fact I just do not like the subject. In fact there is only one artist that I can look through his entire gallery and like the subject of every single image. I can't explain why, maybe it is the hick in me, but I love hobbit's gallery. It is more of a traditional art some fantasy some reality. Some of his pictures and stories along with his pictures I feel like I can go to those places. Art is different as far as what people like for each person. however I am not going to condemn your art because it doesn't grab me the way hobbit's does, in fact I very seriously doubt any space scene could grab me that way. http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Y&Artist=hobbit