Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Just to try to balance things up a bit....

saxon opened this issue on Oct 05, 2002 ยท 57 posts

Crescent posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 11:01 PM

Yes, even the mods get sarcastic after a while. I have, however, remained polite to the people while using sarcasm about the situation. The images got to the point of being spam, not opinions, not debate, not anything useful. Again, if you think it's because we have to all bow down and worship Curious Labs and Poser, then you haven't been reading the threads here, let alone my own posts in other threads. I'm not offended by the images. I laughed at the first one. By the tenth of the same exact nature, it was a whole different story. JeffH made the decision that the point was made (many times over) and the continual posts were beating a dead horse. There have been a few threads locked for that same reason over the years (not many, but a few), so this is not some new, nefarious scheme. (Before I'm accused of shifting blame, I'll let you know that I agree with his actions.) If you want to scream censorship, fine. Just look at how many posts are actually locked, let alone deleted on this site then please inform me exactly how we stiffle everyone who doesn't toe the party line. I will repeat myself (fitting since that is the entire point of removing some of the images): the deleted posts were not removed due to unfavorable comments against CL, P5, or anything else. The later ones were removed because they had become spam. And as to the question, "Who is mother Renderosity?" It is a privately owned web site that pays for the hosting and bandwidth used. As a privately owned web site, it can make the decisions as to who can and can not post, and what posts are allowed. Considering the fact that it even permits posts that speak negatively about the site, the owners, and the company that pays for the site (yes, from profits made by the Marketplace from member purchases), I don't think the charges of horrendous censorship are in order. If you want to know who I am, I'm a volunteer mod who has been a member here for over 3 years but only recently has joined the ranks of moderator.