Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: About the Poser handbook

rino opened this issue on Mar 27, 2000 ยท 7 posts

melanie posted Tue, 28 March 2000 at 10:05 AM

Mr. Mortier's book was well intentioned, but I have to agree about the images he used (with the exception of the few he got from some our friends here) the ones he created were simplistic and sort of weird. His examples of making facial expressions was entertaining, but who would ever do those expressions on their characters? His people looked plastic and very stock due to the standard taxture maps he used. Why didn't he go more into depth on creating custom texture maps, for instance, and how how photorealistic they can become? I think, if you have a better way of communicating the information, then go for it. You see all sorts of third-party books in the stores on how to use computer programs, like Microsoft Word and others (the Dummy books are an example). If someone has a better way to say it, then please do. But, as stated above, just be careful of your wording, so it can't be taken as plegarism. I would think any original instructional guide would be welcome and perfectly legal, as long as you use your own illustrations and wording. And it would be great to see some info on how to use the little programs that have been offered here, like UV Mapper, etc., as dunga mentioned. Best of luck, Melanie