Forum: Writers

Subject: Writers' Forum Banner Contest

Crescent opened this issue on Sep 27, 2002 ยท 51 posts

dialyn posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 9:55 AM

I have a real interest in people who combine graphics with their stories/poetry...guess that should be a new thread since we are going off topic on this one. I haven't done it myself, though I did a series of three graphics called "The Legend of Goldman" that became a series (though created backwards) which no one much viewed but was my try at doing a series that told a story without words. If you look around the forum, you'll find someone who is creating art to a song, and the result is very interesting indeed...a really wonderful stone dragon has made an appearance and the lights and shadows in the graphic (done in Vue) are gorgeous. The only problem I have is that the Renderosity defaults make large blocks of text hard for me to read (I keep whining about this, I guess I should stop). I have mixed feelings because not every writer can or wants to be a graphic artist and not every story needs to be illustrated, but I find the combination irresitably attractive. And, clearly, when two creative minds are at work on the same project, it strengthens the idea. Thank you for the link. Beautifully done.