Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Hi need help to get free stuff post working again.

Velen opened this issue on Oct 08, 2002 ยท 3 posts

Penguinisto posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 12:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.apache.org

Err, good luck. Two things spring to mind here: 1) If it's a popular download, I hope you've got the bandwidth to spare. I host stuff here with permission from the school, since we have the wires and the data/traffic generated are a benefit to my students. If you're doing this from say, a home Cable or DSL line, be prepared to not use the Internet for anything when you get home... the line will be all bogged down. If you're doing this from work, make sure you have permission first, otherwise you may wind up unemployed, or worse, they may stick you with the bill for all that bandwidth. 2) While I commend you for choosing Apache, do know that Windows isn't exactly the best OS for serving web pages. An obscene chunk of the server's resources will go towards feeding the server's largely unused GUI, and even with Apache instead of IIS, Windows is a ripe and easy target, especially as a box facing the internet on a 24/7 basis. Otherwise, just drop the zip file in .../htdocs/ (the same place you dropped the .jpg in your link), and you're all set. HTH a little, /P