Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: WTB's State of the Poser Union

Photopium opened this issue on Oct 08, 2002 ยท 14 posts

lululee posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 11:25 AM

I started out working in Max, Alias Power Animator and Maya. I would go to trainings at $2500 per 2 days on software that at that time cost close to $40.000 US. All anyone created were war toys and sci fi to blow things up. I felt like a loner trying to create elegant ladies and mystical environments. If it was't games and war it wasn't kool. Power Animator and Maya came out with hair and particles. $40.000 software took days to render and the results was totally unreliable. I got tired of the war and gamer mentality so I lost interest in 3d. Then one day I wandered into the Renderosity Art gallery. I saw beautiful, elegant women and children. Mystical backgrounds and strong heroic men. I was in awe at the quality of the artists and the beautiful work these talented beings were creating with software that cost less than $500.00. I saw the amazing community of artists that created a marketplace so they could produce the art and products of their choice. People who were good at hair provided hair. Gowns and textures by other artists. Beautiful women, handsome men and graceful children all created by INDIVIDUALS not corporations telling them what to produce. I saw people sharing in the free section just to give back to the community. I saw forums reaching out to give each other a hand to solve problems. I felt the strongest pulse of real art and creativity that I had ever experienced. I am glad that I still am privileged to see all of this incredible art created by such talented artists in such an amazing community.