Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 Rocks! Thanks CL & RDNA!

MaterialForge opened this issue on Oct 09, 2002 ยท 4 posts

MaterialForge posted Wed, 09 October 2002 at 8:57 PM

Hmm, I don't know, but I doubt it - commercial CD duplication runs are not cheap, I assume it's all from the same batch. More than likely it's the myriad possibilities of pc software and hardware configurations, as well as maintenance (or lack of) the end-user's computer. System maintenance and care has more impact software running smooth than most people think. I'm not saying that's all it is, but it could account for some of the grief. I know Poser 4 on my old system is starting to freak lately, and it's been eight months since the pc was first installed and configured. Hard drives get bad sectors, or aren't defragged often enough, software comes and goes, and generally a lot of crap can get installed on a typical pc in a few months time - all wreaking havoc on the OS and the Registry. I'm rough on systems - I really put them through the paces, what with audio recording and near-24/7 rendering, but at the same time I take care of them. My P5 install is on a system that I've only had for two weeks. In six months, we'll see how smooth it runs after the drive has had it's share of use.