Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is this a beta test site?

visque opened this issue on Oct 13, 2002 ยท 122 posts

reiss-studio posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 5:41 PM

So Cyberstretch, your contention from your last post seems to be that all systems these days are standardized enough and pre-fab so an application should just "work"' "Given the fact that many problem posts state that Poser is the only application that exacerbates or exhibits these problems, it further presents that Poser seems to be the common denominator. " Poser's the new App, and doesn't have patches based on wide release yet. Most applications (even out of the ones you list!) have incompatability issues when they're first released, and need to be patched after their first release. This is especially true for apps involving graphics. No one (me included) is saying that the current Poser 5 doesn't have problems. Just that there are a lot of users out there, and every exact configuration is unique to the persons computer because we all have different configurations, unless you work at a company that doesn;t let you store any files on the host computer and has a network drive for users directory. Most of these are standard enough that no difference is made. But the difference could be in normal items that create an unpredictable situation when all factors are brought together. "Most of the posts with problems have had fairly "plain vanilla" installs with nothing out of the ordinary that would draw attention away from Poser " I haven't seen enough information in the majority of posts as to a full posting of which processes are or are not running from msconfig, and what versions all the drivers are. You're making a blanket statement here. "Therefore, most internal testing is, most likely, done on very similar systems; unless users are allowed to "customize" their workstation " well, most poser users are individuals who can (and do!) add all the custom software they want, and are not administrated by a central IT department. which is why the testing that was done on standard systems,a nd users systems does not always catch all the bugs that are out there. And hardware does fall into general catagories, but I think it's a little unreasonable to say that since all computers have video cards, then a program should definitely work on all configurations if it's been tested with nvidia/riva. There's a lot of other video cards that does not cover. I think it leaves out the other biggest player, ATi! and all the other major players. Poser's a graphic app, and does a lot more work in the interface than something like MSword, or office.