Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is this a beta test site?

visque opened this issue on Oct 13, 2002 ยท 122 posts

whbos posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 8:29 PM

Poser 5 was created for high-end users with top of the line computers running 3DS Max and other apps. That's who they pick to do beta testing, not the wee folks with computers that just meet the minimum requirements. And this is one of the problems with Poser 5. Computers with lots of GHz and GB's can be more forgiving when it comes to bugs than those without. I posted a message earlier regarding this, but it either didn't post or got deleted. My Poser 5 CD came with all the tool windows out of reach in each room telling me that somebody was using a mega-size monitor. Other people said they didn't notice this until the patch, which tells me very clearly that there might have been different versions of the initial release, or everyone has a large monitor. And as far as NDA's, I've beta tested a number of products including one owned by the software company everyone hates, and we were always released from the NDA after the program shipped. That BS about not being able to disclose anything is just that--BS! Unless we're still in testing mode and all of us just paid to beta test for CL.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro