Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is this a beta test site?

visque opened this issue on Oct 13, 2002 ยท 122 posts

reiss-studio posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 11:23 PM

"What I am getting at is that the vast majority of software produced commercially runs without the major hitches that P5 has seemingly caused. " LOL! not at first, the first versions of Maya on the PC (only 2-3 years ago) was only authorized to work with 1 yes ONE video card. and then by the release there were something like a few video cards from a company or 2 (INTERGRAPH). "The general consensus seems to be that P5 and CL are not at fault, with minor exceptions. It seems like the finger is always pointed elsewhere in the majority of the cases." I think that you might have missed some of the point in what we're saying. I didn't mean to attack what you were saying, or to imply that this wasn't a problem that could be fixed inside Poser 5, as opposed to saying that the blame should be placed on other software, or that you should have to permanently remove other software to use p5. What I have been saying (and maybe I didn't explain well enough) is that I choose to understand that new software can have unforseen problems when everyone first pounds on it, and instead of just flapping the wings (which never fixes the problem) I try to see if I can find useful information about why I would see this problem that was unseen, and deliver that information to someone who can fix the problem for the software I'm using. then the problem's over, and I can work :)