Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is this a beta test site?

visque opened this issue on Oct 13, 2002 ยท 122 posts

CyberStretch posted Mon, 14 October 2002 at 11:48 PM

"not at first, the first versions of Maya on the PC (only 2-3 years ago) was only authorized to work with 1 yes ONE video card. and then by the release there were something like a few video cards from a company or 2 (INTERGRAPH)." And one example is indicative of the entire software industry, even if it is only limited to 3D software? I have tried a myriad of freeware, shareware, alpha, beta, commercial, non-commercial, and cracked/warezed (I was responsible for being a "Software Nazi" for a company) applications on my system all at the same time and I can confidently state that none have caused the widespread problems that P5 has, none. Your justification that one application had a singlular excluisive requirement is nothing but that, a singular instance. "I think that you might have missed some of the point in what we're saying." I think you are taking my comments too personally. Review the threads again and you will notice a trend that it is generally stated that it is the fault of nearly everything but Poser, including user error, that is the underlying cause of the issues. I offer the fact that the patch (after it was patched itself) solved many of the issues, but not all, that exists within P5 as proof positive that Poser is at the heart of the problem; unless the patches addressed the multitude of other supposed causes of the P5 issues, including user error. Plus, the fact that a second SR patch is due in under two months would further implicate Poser as the root cause, or else all issues would have been resolved with SR-1 patch. The "pissing match" statement was not geared toward you in particular reiss. So do not take that personally either.