Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is this a beta test site?

visque opened this issue on Oct 13, 2002 ยท 122 posts

Ironbear posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 12:46 PM

Was the horse a pink pony? ;] Hardware "standards" may be lax, but numerous other software manufacturers seem to surmount it. Rhino seems to work across a wide variety of workstations I build for clients, AutoCad, Lightscape, VIZ. Also across a variety of video cards, although the autodesk products prefer cards with autodesk certified drivers, they run on other cards. Even in the Maya example that was offered, it's probable that the video card requirements were stated upfront to the consumer. [And yes, I used to work with Intergraph systems and cards] Of course, they probably have larger development budgets and hire programmers... Admittedly, there's a world of difference in hardware specs for pro-end workstations as opposed to the wide variety of hardware a low-end app encounters in user systems. And it can also be that the hardware argument doesn't hold nearly as much water as it's proponents would like it to in regards to Poser 5. "because I wanted to see CL succeed with this (both personally and professionally)." Yup, Jack. Judging by some of the magazine reviews, a couple of the reviewers read like the really wanted to see the program work, but weren't quite able to reccomend it as a pro-app.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"