Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is this a beta test site?

visque opened this issue on Oct 13, 2002 ยท 122 posts

KateTheShrew posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 1:16 PM

Ok, I'm going to give you all a couple of examples of problems with both devices and software. My brother-in-law bought himself a new mouse for his computer but he couldn't get it to work at all. He followed all the installation instructions, tried everything he knew and then called hubby down to try all the things HE knew. Finally, after three hours on the phone with Tech Support they got the problem fixed. You know what it was? Logitech mouse drivers. Yup. It was that simple. They cleaned out all those old logitech drivers and the mouse (which was a MS product) started working the way it was supposed to. But wait, there's more. Not only did the new mouse work, but some of the applications he had been having trouble with started working correctly as well. Go figure, huh? On the other hand, I had an online game that I was part of the alpha testing and then it went to beta. Well, the alpha was running just fine for me, and so did the beta until they ran an update. Suddenly I was getting an error message every time I tried to connect to the server "Error 429: You do not have the proper license to use this functionality" We tried everything. Couldn't get rid of it. Couldn't figure out where it came from. The only thing that fixed it was a complete format c: and a reinstallation of the OS and all the programs. We STILL don't know what caused it or how to fix it. And, guess what, I was the ONLY ONE with this problem. Computers are really strange sometimes. Kate