Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is this a beta test site?

visque opened this issue on Oct 13, 2002 ยท 122 posts

Questor posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 2:50 PM

No I don't think we do disagree on much Soulhuntre, perhaps just in ways of expressing thoughts. :) I didn't say that the tool wasn't used in pro-level production. It has been used for positional realisation in Jet Li's "The One" and in a couple other movies for rapid display of actor and camera placements and what that appearance may be like. It's entirely possible that it's employed elsewhere in other production houses for similar tasks. The software itself isn't - in my opinion - above amateur level and it's lack of integration into pro-level apps is sad and a gross error. I didn't say it wasn't used be professionals though. :) To be honest I would class it as an entry level app. Simply because a complete newbie can open the package and do things with it without ever touching the manual or asking for help in a forum. Unlike certain other applications which almost demand the user reads the manual at length before they can use the tools provided. That has been a mark of Metacreations applications for some years - their simplicity and ease of use, aimed primarily it seems at the amateur and home user level. Poser is not trying - at least it appears to be trying with the integration of the new tools - to become more professional and certainly I'll agree with you that the tools now are not entry level as there's far more to them that precludes a newbie being able to just click and create. But the program still misses the pro level in many aspects. Again, not arguing with you because we patently do agree on many of these things, just adding a few more pennies from my thoughts. :) I will agree with Pro/Pro-Am "users" but I excuse me while I disagree that the program qualifies, it might soon though. :)