Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Just an Interesting Story...

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Oct 15, 2002 ยท 92 posts

Poppi posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 7:48 PM

reiss....but, the fact remains: maya and rhino may have licensed technology. however, they both work. licensing is a whole different issue from properly intergrating it to work within a program. if they crash the user's system, or do not perform as they are supposed to, my thoughts are that the company...in this case cl...did not test them properly. or, they released them before they were properly integrated into the program. cl had years to work on p5. but, small company in a "specialty market"...dealing with a cottage industry...after all who were gonna buy propack had bought it...and, the small sales of avatar labs...they ran out of money...plain and simple. so to stay afloat, they "licensed" certain options....did a month of promos...and with a wing and a prayer, gave p5 to the public. i have a business. if i had been in cl's shoes...i would have filed a chapter 13 which would have allowed me to finish, and make workable my product. it would have bought the time necessary for proper beta testing, and, bug fixings before the release of p5. seems as if they have only dug their hole deeper.