Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Just an Interesting Story...

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Oct 15, 2002 ยท 92 posts

kbade posted Tue, 15 October 2002 at 10:51 PM

It is a story, but just a story. Many people have stories. Two people named Willow and Grey have a story; Jack knows who they are. A company called EdgeNet probably also has a story. Are their stories only stories? I don't know, and would never claim to know, because I was not actually involved in the situations that form the basis of their stories. I'm sure Jack has his versions of those stories, and I wouldn't claim to know if they were true either, and for the same reason. I want to make clear that I personally believe that over the years Jack has made very important contributions to the development of the community. For example, I was never one of those who had a visceral hatred of this site going commercial when it did. But I confess that I'm baffled as to why Jack of all people wants to issue this sort of veiled attack on CL, which does not require that he back any of it up with facts, but which does continue the sort of venomous exchange that filled these pages when he was running the place. I remember Jack posting messages in a very conciliatory, unifying sort of tone regarding these past controversies, so I am frankly stunned that he would want to jump into the middle of this one. I would no more offer an opinion on whether CL did the best that it could any more than I would speculate as to why Jack ended up going from EG and R'osity to starting the 3D Commune, to starting R'otica, to starting Animotions. I just don't have the information to render an informed opinion about it... and I would hope that maybe everyone else might recognize the same, or bring forth the evidence to support their opinions.