Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Just an Interesting Story...

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Oct 15, 2002 ยท 92 posts

xoconostle posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 1:46 PM

Carolly, the fact that I praised the writing didn't necessarily mean I agree 100% with the sentiment. I lack insider knowledge of CL, as perhaps Jack does, too. I recently revisited Twain's "A Fable" which is why his style of cynical allegory was on my mind. Jack's fable was a heck of a lot "classier" than, oh, 95% of the inane bitching I've read here since P5 release. I can appreciate a rebuttal, but thought you might appreciate my own elaboration. By the way, I don't think Mr. Clemens would have thought of himself as terribly "classy," even though in retrospect, he was. I know too many VERY computer-literate artists and programmers who are having problems with P5 to fall for the "blame the user" line that the same people keep repeating. The truth about the proggie seems to be somewhere in-between the extremes of blind dismissal of it, and constant dismissal of those having difficulties. I'm not quick to use lowbrow terms like "fanboy" or "apologist," but I admit it's sometimes as tempting to invoke them as it is "whiner" or "complaint addict." Sorry to be the voice of moderation. I know how boring that can be online.