Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is this a beta test site?

visque opened this issue on Oct 13, 2002 ยท 122 posts

Questor posted Wed, 16 October 2002 at 7:47 PM

Yep, I think I can agree with that, though you missed the slightly lower end Cinema4D that's growing in popularity. But yes, that would have been a perfectly reasonable way to have dealt with it. Similar perhaps to certain other software that works in much the same way. Plugs into major applications yet offers a stand alone front end for seperate work if the user so desires. There's a couple like that and they're fairly successful. I know a lot of people have said they'd rather have poser 5 (with bugs) than no poser 5 at all. I'm not so sure about that. I would rather CL had made the decisions to show off and implement Poser 5 where it belongs - in all levels of market - than to release an application that is lacking somewhat and leave themselves in a situation where even more investment, time and energy will be required writing new parts to integrate the old. If they'd done that then they could spend more time refining what they'd released and working on even more nice new shiny toys to plug into Poser with perhaps a larger market share and more income - perhaps. It is a more modular program now, so that would have been feasible I think. But, having said that. I'm not a businessman, I don't have a company to run and my ideas and thoughts might be just so much bullshit. :) Whatever. It's happened now and hindsight won't fix anything. Here's to the future. :D