Forum: Vue

Subject: That free XFrog on Digit mag

MandK opened this issue on Oct 20, 2002 ยท 26 posts

Orio posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 11:45 AM

Attached Link: Read the specific thread at the Xfrog forum

Hi, Stewart McSherry, product manager for Greenworks, wrote me a note about the Xfrog demos. I have published it in the Xfrog forum so we can move the discussion over there and let this forum for Vue debate only. The link to the Xfrog forum thread is attached. Before I leave this thread, I wanted to shortly address one of the topics that I did not comment earlier. Something that is important that does not pass uncommented, because it exposes a wrong belief. It is really an unjustified name, that Xfrog produces only big models. It produces models as you model them! If you model them big, they are big, if you model them small, they are as small as you want them. Please check this picture I just published in the Vue gallery: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=266310&Start=1&Sectionid=3&WhatsNew=Yes it features my pear trees with fruits. The adult model weights 232,474 polygons which is less than the max. size of the average walnut tree that comes with Vue4 (250,000). The cherry tree of Vue4 is 350,000 poly average. And none of them has 3D fruits, while all the pears in my tree (and there are MANY!) are not alpha planes, but full 3D models! Without the fruits, my adult pear weights 111,419 polygons, less than the average maples. I attach the screen grab from Xfrog of the pear model young age. Again, all pear fruits are 3D. It weights 113,735 polygons which is again, lower than the average maples in Vue. Without the fruits, my young pear would weight 64,390 polygons, which means, about the size of the smallest trees in Vue4! And if I wanted, I could have made them smaller again, without any problem! For any question about Xfrog trees, please do not write here, but refer to the Xfrog forum instead. Thanks - Orio