Forum: Writers

Subject: Post-Writing Game?

SpectreOfDesire opened this issue on Oct 29, 2002 ยท 8 posts

Cerpher posted Thu, 31 October 2002 at 2:00 PM

I have nightmares from doing this in High School: ============================================== And so Hans rose, planting his feet solidly on the cold floor beside their bed. He sat quietly for a moment, shaking off sleep, before quietly easing from the bed, careful not to wake Anna. He quickly dressed, collected his shoes and silently passed down the steps to the lower level. Once downstairs he moved about more freely and less quietly, clattering about in the kitchen to get the coffee on and his toast started. Today would be a momentous day. He contemplated the implications as he put on his shoes. He and Anna had hoped for this day for years, had patiently filed the necessary forms every year, only to be denied. But this year, Hans told himself, would be different. It had to be different, for Anna's biological clock was rapidly winding down. This year they had gotten a preliminary letter of acceptance from the Institute. If their luck held, and todays session went well... The toast popped up, breaking his train of thought. He grabbed the toast, plopped it onto a plate, poured a cup of coffee, black as Anna always enjoyed it, and made his way back to the bedroom to wake his beloved wife before thier appointment. "I didn't order breakfast." Anna said, her voice muffled in her pillow. "I know, but I thought it'd be nice to bring you something before you got ready." Hans replied, setting the plate and coffee on the bedside table. "What time is it?" She asked, sitting up in bed. The sheets falling off her naked body as the sunlight pouring through the curtains bathed her in gentle warmth. "It's Wednesday." Hans said, grinning. "Okay, what day is it?" She asked, hating to play his games so early. "Seven thirty." "Hmph." She grumbled, taking the coffee with a thankful nod before making her way to the bathroom.