Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: an open letter to CURIOUS LABS

alamanos opened this issue on Nov 01, 2002 ยท 13 posts

pdxjims posted Fri, 01 November 2002 at 10:06 PM

Boy! A thread where I agree with EVERYONE! This is a red-letter day! And only a small amount of bashing. My wishes: 1) Fix Don too. Higher res, LOTS more morphs, body and face. In a lot of ways, he's worse than the dork. I'd pay $100 for a new male figure that wore Mike's textures and clothing, and was as versitle as Mike, but with a different base geomitry and face room friendly. I like Don's face, as a start, but his body is tragic, and when using muscle morphs he looks more like E.T. than anything human. 2) Hair collision. I know you'll fix this. Could we move it up on the priority list? Even if we could just turn off self-collision on hair, it'd help. Doing a collision detection on hair makes it look like a tumbleweed. And adding a numeric dial to the length when in hair styling would be nice (percentage of original length). 3) Point lighting (as in Vue). I'd pay extra for point lighting capability. 4) Allow for resizing the face room alignment control. It's too small for me to work with. Finer detail on moving the dots. Its a cool toy, but until it works on a high quality figure, whether Mike or a new male figure, its useless. 5) Content Paradise. Duhh... I know it's just a search engine, but if I want to find something I have to go to 20 or 30 sites, do searches, and go back and forth to decide what I find is the best match for what I need. 6) A more graphical Python design approach, or a recorder to build scripts. I'd pay for this. I've just started working with Pythin, and am very impressed, but the coding can be a pain. You could also fix some of the calls so they work (setting highlight size and color). Although this last one may very well be my learning curve. I'm going to have to start reading the Python forum. I've done my share of CL bashing, but when it gets down to it, P5, in spite of all it's problems, is pretty incredable (unlike my spelling). I think CL should consider doing its own content for sale, and should add more add-ons for sale when the bugs get down to a manageable size. After all, we don't balk at $60 for Vicky or Mike, and regularly buy cloths at $20 and $30 a pop. Good textures can go as high as $35. Hair goes from $5 to $30, even for old style transmapped hair. Utilities to augment Poser are always welcome (I can hardly wait for the new Morphmanager). Adding options to the base Poser set would not only generate income on their own, but would entice people to buy the product as it becomes more feature rich. CL has an excellent (though sometimes underappreciated) programming staff, and a community with a life of its own.