Forum: Bryce

Subject: Help Needed - Wires and Cables

cshaftoe opened this issue on Nov 05, 2002 ยท 14 posts

Claymor posted Tue, 05 November 2002 at 3:03 PM

The other thing to try takes a good deal of pre work but it can come out ok. -Start in your graphics prgram with a black background. -Draw your cable shape in a relatively darkish grey make it somewhat wide too...maybe 6-10 pixels. -Make a copy of the shape in white, but narrower, 3-5 pixels this time and lay this new shape right down the center of the first one. -Blur the white until your result looks like a line the has a gradient running from light in the center to dark at the edges. (I use microsoft image composer which comes with MS frontpage...this is all very easy to do in that package.) What you have now created is an image map that will render a rounded line because of the gradient. Use this as your image map in the mirror tool in Bryce...the one that creates a rock that is the same top and bottom. With a little careful removing of borders in the image you can get a pretty good rounded cable. The whole trick is to be sure the shape you draw is the shape you want. I like stretched metaballs myself but you are right...that method is a bit fiddly. Hope this wasn't too confusing. -Claymor