Forum: Community Center

Subject: I demand some Quality Control in the RMP

MadYuri opened this issue on Nov 03, 2002 ยท 30 posts

FyreSpiryt posted Thu, 07 November 2002 at 5:30 PM

I should probably start a new string with the feedback issue, since it's going out on a tangent, but I don't want to just put it up out of context. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm being beligerent about it. I just think perhaps there's a better way to do the feedback. You see, I first found out that vendors approved feedback when I left what I tried hard to write as a neutral review on a product I thought was good but slightly disappointed in. (Yes, Fyre-chan didn't read the instructions on the feedback page carefully enough, or she would have realized then.) I tried very hard to list both the good points and things that I would have liked to be aware of before buying. Well, of course, the comment never appeared on the page. I certainly don't blame the individual merchants. It'd be suicide to allow the negative comments as well when no one else does; it would artifically make your own products look bad. But realizing that the vendors approve all comments makes me much more suspicious of the feedback when I buy. Now when I buy, if I'm on the fence, positive feedback isn't enough to encourage me. It needs to be either a lot of it, or feedback from people I respect in the community. And if there is no feedback, I don't assume it was just that everyone that bought it was neutral about it; maybe there was quite a bit of bad feedback that was never posted. Perhaps it would be better if a neutral third party decided if something was trolling or sincere criticism, although in all fairness I don't know that anyone would really be neutral. Maybe just acknowledging the issue and renaming it "Praise" or "Accolades"(sp?) or a similar synonym. Coming back around to the core topic, I guess maybe what many people are concerned about is a percieved lack of buyer protection overall, not necessarily one key issue. I mean: 1) No quality judgements 2) Postwork allowed on images. (I didn't think it was, but apparently it is?) 3) Vendor approval of feedback. 4) Direct dealing with vendors rather than Renderosity in the case of problems. (Clint, I'm sorry, I did not realize you could go to Renderosity in the case of technical problems. But, there is still the "this isn't as nice as I thought it would be" factor that can become an issue.) Individually, none of these is a problem; some of them can even be considered assets alone. But together they can add up to an atmosphere of "caveat emptor" that can make customers uncomfortable, or even alarm them into shopping at a competitor instead. I hope I phrased this all right. I meant it to be suggestions on the cause of the problem and maybe solutions, not just griping.