Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Want DAZ to release a "furry"?

Redfern opened this issue on Nov 05, 2002 ยท 74 posts

Redfern posted Mon, 11 November 2002 at 8:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.stanwinstoncreatures.com/indexFlash.html

Members have discussed the profitability of an anthropomorphic figure. Yes, I'll admit it's a niche market. However, I believe I can site an example that favors its release. Does the name Stan Winston ring a bell? ;-) Some of you are probably thinking, "Yeah, and so...?" Less than two years ago, Toys 'R' Us started selling near museum grade figurines officially endorsed by Stan Winston. His second collection was titled, "Realm of the Claw," a series of six felinoid anthropomorphics. In case you're thinking this was simply an "on the spot" decision, one of the mini-documentaries at the official site (showcasing all the collections), presented his inspiration for the characters. The Quicktime video shows some of his original conceptual sketches from over a decade past. The finished design of his final figure, a black leopard 'morph, is stunningly close to his first drawings (which are damned good). They have the all the, ahem, earmarks associated with a classic (or stereotypical) anthro', humanoid torso, digitigrade legs, paw-like hands, tail and an animal-like head. I recently received a newsletter stating discussions are underway for a movie production. It seems Winston believes there exists enough consumers to turn a profit. Dan Farr, Reba Vest and the rest of DAZ, if anyone of you happen to read this thread entry, you might want to mull over this. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!