Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A little rant about guitar models.

SamTherapy opened this issue on Nov 20, 2002 ยท 62 posts

BeatYourSoul posted Wed, 20 November 2002 at 5:04 PM

If I ever get time, I'd love to model some detailed, accurate guitars (accurate enough anyhoo - see second paragraph). I have yet to find a decent model out there, including Daz's MilGuitar. Worst are what some try to pass off as a classical guitar. I know what a classical guitar looks like - own three now and have owned several others over the past years. Have a Fender Strat (YJM Sig model), Ibanez Prestige, Ramirez classical, and Les Paul to work from (among other odd guitars). And I have a decent digital camera (Canon PS GS-2) and tripod. Although I completely agree with you Mosca (both about Fender's enforcement and LnF protecttion), there are many look-alikes out there. Just look inside a Japanese guitar mag; never saw so many cheap, nearly identical copies. ;) The way around it is to make it not quite so perfect and they have no ground on which to stand (just like the near-perfect copies) - just mention those three billion Strat look-alikes as a better place to start a lawsuit. :) So what's the delay? One word: Japanese stuff, wakarimashita ka? Starting small on hashi, chowan, hashioki, teapots, etc. Once done with the tableware, I'd like to model a koto and shamisen. The shamisen's gonna be fun. :) Oh, and finally for my thesis conclusion ;0), I'd like to mention that the brave soul who decides to create an accurate model must be aware that the best way to do this is to (shudder) disassemble the instrument (electric, hopefully ;) and model the individual parts separately, bringing them together to make the complete instrument. That would mean adjustable pickups, bridge, tuning knobs, and so on. Please don't talk me into it as I'm not certain that I want to take apart my Strat (and I cannot afford another one right now). BeatYourSoul