Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A little rant about guitar models.

SamTherapy opened this issue on Nov 20, 2002 ยท 62 posts

Mosca posted Fri, 22 November 2002 at 1:40 PM

"Are we all delusional?" A little. That's my point. And I never said that greater body density doesn't enhance sustain--what I said initially was: "Body density does influence sustain, a little, but overall rigidity has a lot more effect in that department." Just so we both know what we're talking about, here's a definition of the word "density" from Yahoo's online Concise Britannica: "Mass of a unit volume of a material substance. It is calculated by dividing an object's mass by its volume. In the International System of Units, and depending on the units of measurement used, density can be expressed in grams per cubic centimeter (g/cm3) or kilograms per cubic meter (kg/m3)." By definition, the heavier of two objects of identical volume (two strat bodies, say) is the denser. I knew I'd heard that bogus anecdote before. I read the Hiscock book back in the mid '80s (used to sell it). It first came out at a time when there wasn't much published on the subject, and it's useful, especially in its discussion of woodworking and wiring. But it's not the be-all and end-all. Believe what you want to believe, by all means. And synergy--great work!