Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio

danfarr opened this issue on Nov 22, 2002 ยท 255 posts

praxis22 posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 9:36 AM

Well, if I can be cynical for a moment, (you can flame me later :) Daz are a content company, they make thier money selling figures, etc. All of which is threatened if P5 or CL bombs. Speaking personally, I can say that I haven't looked at poser in a month. P5 is simply too much like hard work, too unstable, and if I use P4 it just reminds me that I'm only doing so because the "new toy" isn't working. This a hobby, if it's no fun I'll stop doing it. Now I could be wrong, but I reckon that "studio" isn't going to be all things to all men. I reckon that you could make it into a world class app, but then you'd have to go up against Lightwave, etc. Which just isn't going to happen, not from a "budget" app for hobbyists. I reckon it'll be a program that allows you to setup a scene, to test render before you import your scene into a real 3D app, (like Lightwave) to do the real rendering, animation and post production. That way you could sell it to the industry too. I think the thing we should be asking is what file formats will it be supporting? Will all our poses, etc. Still work? Because last time I looked CL owned the poser file format,and DAZ isn't producing P5 content. Also, can I get support for ATI's R300 chipset? Or do I have to buy another Nvidia card? later jb