Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio

danfarr opened this issue on Nov 22, 2002 ยท 255 posts

jjsemp posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 1:41 PM

"Sorry, but I just do not see the similarity between DAZ's releasing a single screenshot and not overtly touting the features/functionality of DAZ Studio (nor making any blatant marketing drivel) and the "California Dreaming" thread started by kupa." What's similar is the over-the-top community reaction to both. And that's all that I'm talking about. "Yes, some of the Member's reactions are the same or similar, but can you really blame them?" Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. I wish as a whole this community would only get excited about new tools AFTER they're in our hands and we've had a chance to use them. All of this hysteria based on one or two screen shots and what we're HOPING something will be tends to lead to high expectations -- which might lead to deep disappointment. "What is the matter with the CL thread? What was showed was good. Sure people raved, there was a lot to rave about, but the problem was not what the thread showed or people drooled over(myself included), but the fact that all that good stuff did not work as advertised." Nothing was "wrong" with the CL thread. But what's wrong with THIS thread is that, in light of the CL thread and recent history, as a community, we're making the same mistakes all over again. You prove my point. There's no guarantee that this program will "work as advertised" either. So lets temper our enthusiasm a bit. It may seem like I'm slamming Daz but I'm not. I'd hate to see them CRUCIFIED like Curious Labs was if they happen to disappoint us (which I don't think they're going to do, but you never know). So let's not put a ton of pressure and false expectations on them and lose our perspective. --jjsemp