Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio

danfarr opened this issue on Nov 22, 2002 ยท 255 posts

Jackson posted Sat, 23 November 2002 at 5:01 PM

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. I wish as a whole this community would only get excited about new tools AFTER they're in our hands and we've had a chance to use them. All of this hysteria based on one or two screen shots and what we're HOPING something will be tends to lead to high expectations -- which might lead to deep disappointment. Probably correct. However, it's hard not to get excited if you've been waiting for something since 1999. Nothing was "wrong" with the CL thread. But what's wrong with THIS thread is that, in light of the CL thread and recent history, as a community, we're making the same mistakes all over again. You prove my point. There's no guarantee that this program will "work as advertised" either. So lets temper our enthusiasm a bit. IMO, people reacted to CA Dreaming the way they did because they took one thing for granted: that the old P4 problems had been worked out and that new ones, if any, wouldn't be major. After all, they'd been working on it three years. In my 10+ years experience with software and its publishers, no one has ever pulled such a boner as CL did with P5. In that light, the ppl had every right to get excited. And just as much a right to be pissed when the bomb was dropped. It may seem like I'm slamming Daz but I'm not. I'd hate to see them CRUCIFIED like Curious Labs was if they happen to disappoint us IMO, CL deserved crucifiction; they knew every step of the way what they were going to do. DAZ won't pull the same crap, no one who wanted to stay in business would. So let's not put a ton of pressure and false expectations on them and lose our perspective. I for one don't expect anything except what is promised, and I think they'll deliver (unlike a certain other company).