Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Prepared to get Flamed!

rudipooimf opened this issue on Nov 26, 2002 ยท 108 posts

MachineClaw posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 2:24 PM

What exactly IS 'real' art anyway? After taking 4 Art history classes for my Fine Art degree, I still don't know the answer to that one. I know what I like, I know what I don't. It's very subjective. NY Mayor doesn't like a Black Madonna with dung and pulls funding saying its not 'real' art. Phooey! I keep seeing threads in the Poser forum about its not pure Poser, it's not art, its all a MP. I click on these peoples username to see their galleries, and often (not always) they don't have anything posted to see. If you want change, and you think you know what 'art' is, then ask for more of a particular style. Be the one that changes and floods the galleries with pictures in the style YOU like. Send out a Challenge. See what people can do. As for this being a pro or hobbiest place, different forums here have different people in them. Some are VERY proffesional people in the 'business.' I love reading these threads. I don't think its a Flame war and I always think its on the topic of Poser. IF you want change, then be a rebel and post, and request, and challenge. Good subject, interesting ideas. Now it's time for me to get back to work. :)