Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Studio

danfarr opened this issue on Nov 22, 2002 ยท 255 posts

danfarr posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 2:48 PM

Vitzer (or metamanix or whatever your real name is) ;) While I question the sincerity of your concerns, a response to your post may still prove interesting to others. First of all Taylor Wilson is the lead programmer, not the only programmer working on the application. I am not sure what your source of information is on this, but it is quite wrong. Secondly, I am glad that you brought up the question about the ability to collaborate with outside developers on DAZ Studio. DAZ Studio is going to be an open source application specifically so that outside developers can easily develop for it. It will also have python scripting completely hooked up within the application rather than just being patched in. DAZ Studio is being designed 100% to provide opportunities for programmers and developers alike. We recognize that through community collaboration this application will be much better then we could ever make it on our own. We are already working with some of this communitys prominent developers and plan to do what we can to work with others. Considering what we are planning to do with DAZ Studio, this community can look forward to many very interesting and groundbreaking surprises yet to come. You bring up a good concern related to the beta testing of the application. We have some great plans that will involve a very large external beta testing team. The scope of this plan will be announced sometime in the very near future. I have said it before and will say it again. Our goal is to help grow this community, and our plans on how to do this are very powerful. (William Sheil seemed to have similar thoughts on this subject.) Anyway, I guess people will better know our intentions as we get further along with DAZ Studio. Again, we dont want to create inflated expectations at this point, but we dont think people will be disappointed with our plans. Sincerely, Dan Farr