Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Prepared to get Flamed!

rudipooimf opened this issue on Nov 26, 2002 ยท 108 posts

ChuckEvans posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 4:34 PM

I'm a bit curious just why it bothers anyone? If the galleries suck, look somewhere else. Or does the general discussion of how bad the galleries have gotten somehow serve to raise one's status by being so astute as to have noticed it? One thing is fairly certain, if one thinks this message is going to change thousands, you may want to reconsider. I doubt seriously people will be slapping thier forehead and say, "Well, shit! I had better change my whole way of thinking." It reminds me of my sister when she was a teenager pointing at different girls (strangers) at school and mall and say stuff like, "Eeeuuuuwww! What an ugly dress she has on!" As an older brother, I wondered at the motivation for such a remark. I think it was to somehow elevate her self-esteem. I always asked her, "Why do you care what she wears?" I don't think she ever had an answer. The originator of the thread has mentioned (I think---because his sentence has a typo I'm not sure of) something about getting inspiration from looking at the galleries. Time for me to wind up my message and divert the "flaming" to me...but if one is really an artist, why does one need to look over other artists work in order to get inspired? Or am I just misunderstanding the use of the word, "inspiration"?