Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Prepared to get Flamed!

rudipooimf opened this issue on Nov 26, 2002 ยท 108 posts

dialyn posted Tue, 26 November 2002 at 7:51 PM

It strikes me that I'm rather ashambed as a human being that ignorant people still exist....as a child of the 60's, I rather though we would be farther along the line of civilization than we've gotten but in many ways it seems as if intolerance and bigotry is more alive and well than ever (and not just in people who are of European descent). What does any of that have to do with taking Poser seriously or not so seriously as art? Not much, in my mind. Am I ashambed to post in the galleries? No. I'm rather embarressed to have come out of the beginner gallery when I see someone really talented post and make my stuff look like a tacky postcard in comparison. But I'm not sure worrying over whether or not something is art is really useful. What I would like to see more of is encouragement of those people trying to break through the Poser stereotypes, and more education about what could be done beyond the Marketplace offerings. I treasure the people who provide those extra tutorials that explain some of the more mysterious aspects of creating a graphic. And the people who lead by example. The only people who really bug me are the ones who complain and don't offer any alternatives or solutions. But that's just me.