Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Prepared to get Flamed!

rudipooimf opened this issue on Nov 26, 2002 ยท 108 posts

ChuckEvans posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 1:51 PM

Poppi, your comment... "Chuck...i think that some of us who really do march to our own drummers are the ones that hate the lack of imagination in the gallery the most. some of us really spend a long time getting a render just the way it is in our mind's eye...hey, there are some of us who EVEN make our own characters, clothing and props. then, marching to our drummer we may spend endless hours on posing and lighting...only to have it on the first page of the gallery for about 5 minutes...replaced with out of box replicas" So, if I understand your comment correctly, your complaint (and possibly the same complaint of many others) is that the quantity of inferior Poser renders pushes the (your) superior renders out of the way before it really has time to be appreciated. Did someone mention "snob" above? Well, perhaps we should fix this problem. I have a few suggestions. Let's just create a panel of experts. Say, 10 people. ALL Poser submissions go to them first. They mull over them and decide if it goes to the "Inferior Poser Gallery" or the "Superior Poser Gallery". Someone can just decide that for us. THEN, great work will be easily locatable. Or, perhaps something based on an algorithm: Let's say all the Poser "artists" (quotes used, 'cause I certainly don't want to open another dead horse while I'm still working on this one) get a rating. A numerical rating. Perhaps by a committee of people with criteria such as, "two years of graduate work in one of the country's leading folklore programs, a father who was a Yale-trained ab-ex painter, graduate degree in creative writing, and a lifetime of interaction with artists and writers". Then, each "artist's" rating is entered into a formula that dictates how long an image stays on the top pages. Of course, the higher your rating is, the longer the amount of time available in those top pages for the viewers to be exposed to your greatness. Those are just two suggestions. But I agree. Something MUST be done about these Temple Vickies (and related dreck)that get hundreds and hundreds of views when there is SO much more better and meaningful work out there. I'm reminded of the definition of "egotist" (by Ambrose Bierce): "A person more interested in himself than in me." You know, you make people like me want to take my dreck and leave. While I suppose I'm one of the people who produce vastly inferior work, one thing I can promise you is that it's a rare day indeed that my pidly Poser crap pushes anything out of the way in the gallery. I guess I was mistaken assuming the galleries (with the words soliciting comments and help) were a way to get feedback and constructive critism. Apparently, it's more of a showcase for "the chosen few" and piss-ants like me just get in the way. If I sound upset...I guess it's because I am. One gets that way when it's pointed out there are two classes of "citizens" here at R'City...and you know which class you have been directed to. (OK, fire away.)