Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Prepared to get Flamed!

rudipooimf opened this issue on Nov 26, 2002 ยท 108 posts

Poppi posted Fri, 29 November 2002 at 5:53 PM

i see your point, but, striving does not hurt, either. to say you are x-age, and therefore it is impossible to learn at the same rate as a younger person is mere poppycock...to say you can't afford the software to do it....modelling and graphics programs to make your pictures special is a wash, too....why....i started modelling with anim8or...just making morphs, and some of the hair in my early renders....FREE...then, i moved on and got amapi 4.15...ALSO 100% free....and, some of our best modellers use that, to this day....Brycetech, and Thip, for starters. Then, for graphics programs...there is GIMP and DOGWAFFLE...both free, and both decent. i think it doesn't hurt to try and inspire folks to reach a little farther...try something new...don't feel shy about posting THAT to the gallery, i am sure it would be appreciated. and, as for the beginners not being able to afford programs, to make their own stuff???? there was the choice made...should i buy poser 5 or perhaps, bryce, or maybe one of the modelling apps....or, or, paintshop pro, or photoimpact. saying that you must struggle with poser 5 is not an excuse not to try and expand. and, then, there are so very many pics that simply focus on what is new in the market...the folks who make them, they can't afford different software??? or, are they simply just comfortable with poser's instant grat? and, yes, i am a member in good standing at poserpros. it is a very nice site...you would like it.