Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Fundamental Problem with Poser 4 AND Poser 5 - please comment...

ronstuff opened this issue on Dec 02, 2002 ยท 34 posts

ronstuff posted Tue, 03 December 2002 at 1:48 AM

Thanks bikermouse (any relation to bikerHouseMouse?) I'm not a newbie, and I am fully aware of all the previous attempts to explain this. My testing has led me to believe, however that it is all hogwash because people can't see the fundamentals at work in a complex object like a human figure with numerous parts, each of which has a Local axis which can be manipulated in the setup room. The confusing behavior has led to some wild speculation, not all of which is technically correct. For the first time, using this very simple device, the real error becomes clear and highly visible - unencumbered with other "possibilities". The code for rotating the Y axis is FINE. There is NO reason for the other two axes to be any different except for a faulty algorhythm. If this is CL's INTENTION, then they should SCRAP it and go get some of the free 3D code that is in the public domain, from which several inexpensive 3D packages have been written, and which all works FINE. As long as the Poser community tolerates it, CL will probably continue to hide behind the "gymbal lock" smokescreen. In which case, I look forward to DAZ's posing tool because I can assure you even without ever having seen it, that props will rotate properly!