Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: The app thread ! DEBATE

TRAVISB opened this issue on Dec 10, 2002 ยท 54 posts

Poppi posted Tue, 10 December 2002 at 7:03 PM

well, i probably will never be considered a "modeller" in the true sense of the word. mostly, i like to draw. i tried different modelling apps., but, most of them did not click with my own brain. then, i tried amapi. it clicked. that led me to try rhino, another nurbs modeller....wow...did that ever click!!! i had fun drawing, and csecing, and lofting...and, basically, it was something that COULD make my doodles a 3d reality. that's what i want from a modelling app....to make my doodles come true. i tried strata 3d...i cannot really put shapes together and come out with a whole...but, i LOVE its renderer. rhino fails at rendering, pretty much. i bought 3d max about a year ago...and FORCED myself to work with it for at least 30 minutes each night....it was WORK. rhino is fun. so, it is rhino for me. even though i may never make a perfect car, or helicopter, or flying alien all terrain vehicle....i can learn to make monsters, and fairies, and well, even teapots, dolls 'n sleds. it depends on what each wants of a modeller, i think. ;*)