Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: The app thread ! DEBATE

TRAVISB opened this issue on Dec 10, 2002 ยท 54 posts

bonestructure posted Wed, 11 December 2002 at 6:38 AM

I tried Rhino and couldn't even make a ball with it. I tried Amapi and couldn't understand the interface at all. I tried Truespace and just wasn't comfortable with it. I tried Maya and again, just could not grasp the interface. I tried Carrara and it was good, but just not enough for me. I've never tried Lightwave. I use MAX. I don't have any technical reasons like other people do, though I suppose I could if I sat down and thought about it. It's all feeling for me. I'm comfortable in MAX. It works for me and I know where everything is and what it does. Well, not EVERYTHING, but everything I use and what I'm still learning. Granted, it takes time and work to learn. I knew that going in. But it's fun. I enjoy working in MAX, and more importantly, to me, I can do art in MAX. I enjoy modeling, but it's not all I want to do. I'm an artist. Any program I use has to be enable me to accomplish that. MAX does it for me. But it's not a technical thing. It is, as I said, a personal thing. A feeling. I think that's probably what it comes down to for everyone. How the app feels and if it's comfortable and fun for you to use.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.