Forum: Animation

Subject: April, Lipsinc and Me...

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Apr 17, 2000 ยท 10 posts

Steve K. posted Mon, 17 April 2000 at 11:19 PM Online Now!

I also enjoyed the April animation - was the head movement by Mimic? It looks like the blink was, but the head movement looked less ... generic? I'm also interested in creating voices, now that I can sync them without a lot of tedium. A couple of ideas: There is an audio book available titled "Creating Character Voices for Fun and Profit" by Patrick Fraley. Two cassettes, under $20 I think from Amazon. Its pretty well done by a pro voice actor, gives a fairly scientific approach to developing your own "voice characters" using elements like: Pitch, pitch characteristic, tempo, rhythm, placement, and mouth work. Its also fun to listen to. Also, BOSS (owned by Roland) sells the VT-1 Voice Transformer, a little 6"x6"x2" box which allows separate adjustment of pitch and formant, so your voice can sound like a child, the opposite gender, a duck, a monster, etc. There is a good demo available VHS tape from Roland for about $5. Or you can hire Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Kelsey Grammar ... :-) - Steve K.