Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: quick little preview of 'Nia' by Rio and myself...

Blackhearted opened this issue on Dec 21, 2002 ยท 34 posts

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 5:25 AM

Nia for the Millennium Girls... comes complete with a full custom body morph, custom head morph and a high-res texture pack with some awesome shimmery makeups handpainted by Rio. With Nia we went for a grungy, kindof 'heroin chic' look, as youll see on the face textures :) Shes a matured, 19 year old, and thats highly evident in the texture and morph. Packaged with her is a conforming lingerie pack with high-res lace textures, a set of starter poses, and a huge variety of lip, eye, eyeshadow and lace texture MATs. she should be up in the RDNA store within the next day for around my standard texture price. Look for a sexy cyberpunk clothing pack for her soon, which should be priced in the < $10 range and include shirts, boots, shorts, skirt, and several props (belt, glasses, etc). Show here with the default body/head texture (no makeup). cheers, and happy holidays to you all, -gabriel

aleks posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 6:51 AM

the head is a tad big, imo. otherwise, nice. any chance of putting lip, eye and makeup mats in a separate installer? i already have tons of different shades of lips makeup on my disc... happy holidays to you, too! :)

Kageboshi posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 7:19 AM

I wish I knew some 19 yr olds that looked like that, lol. DAMN!

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 7:48 AM

nia is not 6 feet tall :) the head is in proportion for a 5 foot tall teenager. keep in mind that a tall person does not necessarily have a significantly larger head than a short person, and younger people have heads that are larger in proportion to their bodies than those who are fully grown. my previous render on the left is slightly from above, and the camera angle makes it look a little bigger. if theres one thing im really sick of, its looking at stephanie and vicky's undersized heads. perhaps people get used to them, i dont know... but vicky's head is MUCH too small for her body. i scale it up in every one of my renders. take a look at a human and look at the size of their head in relation to their body (keep in mind head sizes do tend to vary)... or look at anatomical drawings or a standard anatomical proportion reference that you learn in most art classes. there is no way someone will have a head smaller than a C cup breast... its just physically impossible. no offense to daz, since they do make awesome products, but their head scaling needs some serious assistance. but if you dont agree, nias head can be scaled down easily with just a turn of a dial. as for makeup MATs, these arent just color balanced bits of the texture or MATs that change the material color to another shade, theyre all unique handpainted shimmery makeups done by Rio. ive pieced all of the makeups together onto under a dozen texture .jpgs, so it doesnt take up that much room. the entire package is just over 11 megs, thats including the clothing and the lace textures, which are as high res as the character texture. cheers, -gabriel

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 7:50 AM

vicky (and stephanie) are a whopping 8 3/4 heads tall. thats not very proportioned in my book... sure, its physically possible, but so is verne troyer :)

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 7:57 AM

nia, at 6 3/4 heads tall. far more proportionate, in my book. keep in mind she is also a teen character, and definitely petite - at around 5' tall.

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 8:04 AM

sorry aleks... youre just thesecond person today to say that her head is too big and its kindof a sensitive issue with me :)

aleks posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 8:13 AM

hey, it's ok, don't worry. :) but then maybe it's true. it doesn't matter what the numbers tell, it's just the feeling. her head is just slightly smaller then her waist. if i cover her body from hip to shoulders, then it looks ok, though... hmmm... maybe that's the part that makes confusion. maybe her torso isn't wide enough?

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 8:18 AM

shes PETITE, man :) PETITE!!! what can i say? i have this obsession with petite women :) rio is 5 feet tall, and i wouldnt change a thing about her :) shes perfect.

Rio posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 8:31 AM

hey dude! Just to answer your question bout the makeups:

All the makeups have been painted on Nia's texture, no variations of object colors to "shade" the lips- each lipstick has been painted. Ive done the lips so that when using Nia's face texture you can use any of the separate lip texture MATs, or eyeshadow MATs, for mucho versatility. However, these MATs will only work for Nia's texture, BUT all the makeup and eye MATs are still in the same folder with the poses, so you will only have ONE folder in your Pose directory that carries it all.

8 lipstick possibilities, 6 eye shadow possibilities, and 8 eye color possibilities give the user TONS of different makeup variations for Nia's face texture.

Go silver for New Years, try ruby and jade for the holidays, get romantic with reds (Hay Valentines Day is comin up!), go grungy with runny mascara, or try a cleaner gothic look with the thick black liner! All are interchangeable for whichever makeup style you need for your render ;) YAY!

Greebo posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 8:39 AM

She is seriously beautiful IMO. Scale looks fine and that make-up......Wow! Thanks for yet another beauty guys.

Calseeor posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 8:50 AM

wow..she looks fantastic! The makeup is great. I love Goth looks, and she has it. Very well done you two!

Smitthms posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 8:56 AM

Wowzers Man.... You 2 have done a beauty this time :o) & for the record, I don't think her head is too big, looks perfect too Me :o)Thomas

SydneyKeys posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 9:09 AM

She looks very proportionate to me......and wicked cool. I may have to give her a spin (I want to see her clothes first). I've been rendering your Vicki and Steph maps almost exclusivly and have been blown away by them, and I don't even like girls ^_^ Gail-

Giana posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 9:20 AM

question: is she supposed to be Elowen's sister? a most striking resemblence... nice eye reflections, too... reminds me kinda of the neat stuff Cimerone did with her pretty Faith character which i absolutely adore...

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 9:26 AM

nia comes with a lingerie pack, sydney - a camisole, thong and choker. im working on a full clothing pack, kindof a cyberpunk look that can be modified into normal streetwear with different textures. itll have boots, 2 really cool tops, shorts, a skirt (both quite short) and accessories (glasses, piercings, belt, etc). i was going to try to get the clothing out at the same time as nia, but i just dont have time to finish all of the conforming before we leave south for xmas. but the clothing pack will be under $10, so youll have a unique figure with a bunch of clothing and textures, makeups, poses for under $30. nia will be priced at my usual $19.99. cheerio, -gabriel

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 9:41 AM

giana - that would be because Nia is Elowen's little sister :) high resolution digital photos from the same source were used for the head texture, but it is redone in a different, more grungy style. nia is what you would call 'heroin chic'.. her body is also redone, and rio's handpainted makeups are always unique. im not going to say that nia is 'much better' than elowen. everyone has their own taste, i suppose, and something i think is better might not echo someone else's thoughts on the matter. however, i constantly strive to do better work, to improve my skills (hey, i learned to model and conform clothing :), and help people get more versatile characters and better renders. so yes, looking back on my work, i see quite a progression - and i apply what ive learned to my new textures and characters... and i try to learn something new every day. "nice eye reflections, too... reminds me kinda of the neat stuff Cimerone did with her pretty Faith character which i absolutely adore... " ...and that would be because im the one that taught regina (cimerone) how i paint my style of highlights :) cheers, -gabriel

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 9:59 AM

ah.. and the makeup promo above isnt a very good image to go by... i just noticed that i exported it at 30% quality (to keep the file size doen for this thread) and the colors went all funky... her freckles are NOT black, lol :) i need sleep :(

SydneyKeys posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 10:00 AM

Okay...okay you win......but now I don't have the $ for Tuesday & Ophelia Mega-Pack for Stephanie that I just noticed was on sale......... and then....depression set in :O(

Syyd posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 12:27 PM

nice nice work.....another innovative creation!

IceStorm posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 12:46 PM

I think it looks awesome. Her head does look big to me but only because i've been staring at Vicky's head for months. Rio's makeup style is flawless. I can't wait to play with this package :)

PoisenedLily posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 12:48 PM

Yup! Giana Gabes right, he was ever so helpful in creating Faith's eye texture hi lites. As I was at my wits end! lol And I am sooo glad that you like her that much :) Gabe Nia looks AMAZING! Outstanding and perfect as Elowens lil sis! We all have the "black sheep" of the family :) Happy Holidays to all, Gina

Rio posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 1:08 PM

awwh! thanks IceStorm! btw, im always lookin for suggestions, so if you guys have a makeup wishlist youd liek to see in the future, let me know!!! Contact info on my rosity homepage, and in our readmes as well in case ya forget ;) Glad ya'lls diggin Nia! if all goes well she should be in the store today!

MaterialForge posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 1:15 PM

Looks great! How 'bout a Vicky version? Or will these textures work on Vicky too? (I'm not at all familiar with the Mil girls...) Coincidentally, the villianess in my movie is named Nia, and this is similar to the look I've tried to get (with not a lot of success, I might add), so that's why I'm wondering about V2 (or 3) compatibility. --Donnie

Traveler posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 1:28 PM

Mil Girl Textures work on Vickie too. :)

Rio posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 1:49 PM

;) thanks Trav! Cool Silver!! Cant wait to see it! I do hope YOU will be doin the soundtrack ;) you rock and i loved that CD!!

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 1:50 PM

yeah, the textures will work ok vicky or any vicky based character. the morphs, however, wont :( so to use the character and the lingerie, you need the millennium preteen. cheers, -gabriel

Kinouk posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 1:55 PM

WOW..guys she is wonderful..even if I don't own MilGirls. But I'm sure you two will come up with something this outstanding for V3. Love being only 5'..the only downfall is the older I get everything I eat goes to one place ;(. Christmas Hugz Joan

Blackhearted posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 2:03 PM

yeah, in the distant future... in a galaxy far far away, when i can afford V3... honestly im not too pleased about the fact that you have to buy a zillion packages just to get a working character. thanks joan :) cheers, -gabriel

judith posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 3:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com

Nia is now in the store. Congrats to Gabe and Rio for a beautiful character!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

Giana posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 3:44 PM

i'm off to go look... oh, and congrats you two upon your new venue, too :))

rasputina posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 5:01 PM

cor! she's lovely; great work...hmm, now to dig up some space on the old credit card.

MaterialForge posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 10:52 PM

Thanks Traveler! Rio - Thanks! Soundtrack - you know it! ;) --Silver

Desdemmonna posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 8:32 AM

Blackhearted....whatever faults people might find with this lovely girl...I don't see any personally, I'm totally digging this product! My domestic partner is a big fan of your work and work his bum off to get me your products...got Elowen as an early x-mas present so I thought I had all of your girls until ya managed to sneek in this beauty over over at RDNA. Thanks for constantly raising the level in quality for marketplace products :)