Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Muscularity Comparison

Wampyir opened this issue on Dec 21, 2002 ยท 11 posts

Wampyir posted Sat, 21 December 2002 at 6:06 PM

If you do a lot of muscular character renders, you might want to look at this before you buy Victoria 3. The figure on the left is Stephanie with the native Stephanie morph set to 1.000 (default) and Stephanie's Muscular morph set to 1.250. The figure on the right is Victoria 3 with the Muscular2 and Faerie morphs injected. Muscular2 was set at 1.000, Faerie was set at 0.333. This was done in the interest of fair play; Stepahnie morph is a slimming morph on Stephanie, so I wanted an equally slimming morph on V3 to see how it would affect musclarity. My conclusions--V3 does a more realistic job with abdominals, biceps/triceps, and breasts, but Stephanie does a much better job with symmetry of the torso overall, particularly with the lats/serratus muscles. And in the lower body, Steph is far more realistic--what's with those grotesque upper leg muscles on V3? (A third alternative, which I'll post after this message, uses a product from the Marketplace by Virus called AthleticVicki. When coupled with the Faerie morph, it is also very symmetrical). Draw your own conclusions, buy IMHO, Stephanie looks best overall if you want to render muscular/superhero type of characters. Comments/curses/rants welcome.