Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V3 hires textures

denden opened this issue on Dec 26, 2002 ยท 10 posts

denden posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 9:13 AM

I just installed this addon and everything works fine except nothing happens in the eye coloring. Where's I goof? Thanks.

MarianneR posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 11:59 AM Online Now!

Can't help you, but it happened to me too. I was playing with V3 mapped to V2, and I got everything covered with the textures except for the eyes. The Mat-file didn't work, so I had to do it by hand. It happened twice, and I restarted the computer in between. Then I played around some more, tried changing the textures, and suddenly it worked, even with the ones that refused earlier. Strange ...

PheonixRising posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 12:41 PM

Odd. Works here. What version of Poser are you both using?

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

MarianneR posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 12:53 PM Online Now!

I have Poser 4 on Mac OSX.

denden posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 1:04 PM

Poser 4 on Win2K I downloaded the Rose material and the eye color works fine.

MarianneR posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 1:16 PM Online Now!

The wierd thing about my experience was that the preview in Poser was OK, but the rendered version had white eyes. And then sometimes (mostly I think) it works like it should.

denden posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 1:56 PM

White, clear colorless eyes are what I get. All the other materials work fine. The eyes look exactly the same regardless of which color I select. Maybe DAZ will issue a fix. It's seems strange that DAZ can't match Rose Mat eyes.

BecSchm posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 6:38 PM

Mine did the same with med res texture - it drove me crazy until I figured out that the "strength" setting under "texture map" for the iris, pupil etc. was for some reason set to 0% and when I reset it to 100% the eyes were fixed. Maybe that's not what's wrong with yours, but it fixed mine.

denden posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 7:47 PM

Thanks, BecSchm...it fixed mine too...I really appreciate your advice...I was almost out of Prozac

BecSchm posted Thu, 26 December 2002 at 7:51 PM

You're welcome. Glad it worked!