Forum: Photoshop

Subject: !Postwork Fur...Help/Advice!

MiKo0 opened this issue on Dec 28, 2002 ยท 2 posts

MiKo0 posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 11:38 AM

First of all, hope everyone had a good x-mas. secondly, Just a small question to ask all of those that paint hair/fur in postwork. Ok, this is my FIRST attempt at painting anything like fur/hair in postwork so bear with me. And ignore everything else in the pic..ie background etc..just wanted to kill the white Ok...The question.. When I paint the fur at the rendered image size(twice that of posting size), it seems to look fine, it flows etc, but when I reduce the image, I seem to lose all the detail, and the fur becomes...lifeless! short lengths etc (see image) I was wondering is there a better way to paint it... ie do I use a larger brush when working in twice the size, make my strokes longer, so when I reduce the image the flow of the fur doesn't seem to be lost..? Is there a certain amount of pressure I should use for the smudge brush..? At the mo I'm working in anything from 5%-25% I've seem some fantastic images posted on here where the fur looks superb, it flows.. Any help/advice from you guys/gals would be great, so thanks in advance :)