Forum: Vue

Subject: Import to Vue- numbers vs. layer names

nick1 opened this issue on Jan 01, 2003 ยท 13 posts

nick1 posted Wed, 01 January 2003 at 10:06 PM

Happy New Year to all, Just imported the ground level of an architectural model(a hill site residence)that I did with my architectural package(Allplan FT V17.3 by Nemetscheck)as a 3DS file in Vue 4.1. I had all the ground level house components on their own layers, totaling about 10 layers. When I imported the model, I first noticed that the whole model is now a collection of small and large objects/solids with different numbers assigned to them. There are too many of them and it is rather confusing what is what. Of course one can click each number and find out what object it represents, but it would be tedious to do the same with so many of them. I figured that I could group the interior walls for instance as one object. But just to find them amongst all these numbers would take a long time. Since I am trying to produce couple of interior shots, what would be the best way to organize/manage these numbers? Also is there a way that the model can be imported with all the original layer's names as opposed to numbers? I would attach the file, but it is about 5.5 megs. The 3Ds file was only 2.3 megs and I have no idea what made the file so large. I don't know the max. file size allowed for attachments, but will try to attach it anyway. Thanks for all the help in advance Nick Apparently the Vue files are not allowed for attachments. Sorry.