Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Our new house is ready....the Hillside House...

SAMS3D opened this issue on Jan 12, 2003 ยท 21 posts

SAMS3D posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 5:42 PM

Attached Link: http://www.sams3d.com

Well it is finally done....this is the Hillside House...It has 7 custom texture maps, 20 doors all poseable, 3 floors, Basement, first floor and second floor. Every room textured, mat files included Poser ready, each floor has easy access so you can set cameras etc. Hope you like it. Sharen

JetM posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 6:28 PM

Oh man, I want a real house like that! Hardwood floors and everything. Looks great!

SAMS3D posted Sun, 12 January 2003 at 6:31 PM

Yes hardwood floors....it is a nice home, and thanks for your kind words...Sharen :-)

TrekkieGrrrl posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 2:17 AM

Oh yes! This is really nice :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Turtle posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 11:11 AM

Sharon, How easy access, do you have camera sttings? I have the worse time with houses, I have given up. For one thing the poser people end up being so tiny they look like ants. I would like a little info on putting the people in your house? Thank you.

Love is Grandchildren.

SAMS3D posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 11:48 AM

Okay, well, when you turn the floors off (or make invisible), or turn the walls off you will see the basement, the first floor and the secondfloor, you will see the differences in the rooms because you can see the outline of the basemolding. You can turn each floor off (or make invisible also), so if you want to put someone in the basement and get a good camera shot, you would first make the basement floor visable, place your person, make the walls visible again after you place your camera, I would use the dolly camera and use your dials to manipulate position in Poser to do this. Also it depends on what software you are using, but in any event here are the following groups that can be shut off or made invisible, this is a guess cause I don't have my list in front of me....but it is in the readme file, but to my best recolection: Groups: Brick BasementFloor BasementWalls BasementCeiling Doors A thru T FirstFloor FirstFloorWalls FirstFloorCeiling SecondFloor SecondFloorWalls Roof All of these you can make invisible or turn off (depending on the software you are using), place your person or object or camera, turn them back on or not....up to you and your project that you need. Sharen Does this help?

SAMS3D posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 11:53 AM

For instance, you want to put a kitchen and a person in a specific room, you make sure that the floor is turned on, place your person and or other objects, get your camera shot ready, then make the walls visible again and there you go.....don't try to manipulate through the walls with the camera, that is timely and can be aggrevating. You really have to have the ability to make walls invisiable during the time of placement of objects or people, that is why you can make our walls invisible. Sharen

Turtle posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 12:20 PM

Thank you Sharon. This was very good information. I can see I've been doing a lot of no-nos. :O) Leah

Love is Grandchildren.

SAMS3D posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 12:38 PM

LOL...don't we all do that....I am glad I could be of help....Sharen

Disciple3d posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 1:10 PM

This house is amazing and strangley looks really familiar to me. WINK! :)

I'll be releasing an alternate texture pack with about 50 cameras and some lights sets for this house this week or next sometime.

You guys really knocked this on out of the park!

Regards,
Brent

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

SAMS3D posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 1:28 PM

LOL....the reason why Brent says this looks so familiar is because this is his home.....the official name for this house is Greybro's Hillside Home....this is one amazing house and we hope you all enjoy it....Sharen

Disciple3d posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 2:30 PM

I've already got an expansion pack underway that will add about 50 or so preset camera poses, lighting setups for all rooms and at least 1 complete new texture map. It should make navigating through the somewhat large house alot easier. Poser's camera is sometimes tough when turning corners, etc. this will smooth a lot of that out and really making scene setup effortless. I also plan to include a basic set of furniture.

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

Disciple3d posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 4:05 PM

Here's a quick, quick picture from the kitchen to the living room. There characters are thrown in quick so ingore the crappy posing please

Disciple3d posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 4:08 PM

Here's a guy sitting at the table I'll include in the expansion pack.

Disciple3d posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 4:17 PM

Here's a camera preset from the front bedroom.

Disciple3d posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 4:23 PM

From Living Room to Kitchen

SAMS3D posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 5:41 PM

You have been busy, I should tell everyone that the verticies have not been split for this house due to trying to keep the size smaller, but, you can split the verticies in parts, example you can take this house into UV mapper and delete parts that you don't want that would make the model smaller, if you don't want the iron work that is around the house on the porch you can delete them from the model, save the model and the model will be considerately smaller and then you can split the vertices and all things will be straight and no rounded edges. Or I can do it per your request. This is only for use in Poser, all other applications will show everything nice and straight. The pictures above have been rendered in Vue and Bryce. Sharen

SAMS3D posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 5:46 PM

What I mean is it can be used in all applications, but the above pictures that Greybro posted those have been rendered in Poser, the pictures I rendered has been done in Vue and Bryce. So as you can see the rounding has taken effect by not splitting the verticies for use in Poser. Hope I am making myself clear. Sharen

SndCastie posted Mon, 13 January 2003 at 9:28 PM

Wow looks great!!

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Disciple3d posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 11:12 AM

I should have pointed that out. My bad Sharen. Hey, Hendrik is really excited about your project to model his house. He's talkedabout it all day. You can put me down for a copy of that one as well. Regards, Brent

Turtle posted Tue, 14 January 2003 at 11:34 AM

Ahhhhhhh, Well this just might do it for me. :O)

Love is Grandchildren.