Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: DAZ Splash/Enter Page

ladydawg opened this issue on Jan 21, 2003 ยท 15 posts

ladydawg posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 11:06 AM

Am I the only one having problems in accessing the DAZ splash/Enter page? Fortunately I had the Store link laying around somewhere in one of my browsers, but if I use I.E or Netscape 7 it refuses the connection when I type it in.... Anyone else having this problem? It's been going on for like 4 days now...

CyberStretch posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 11:14 AM

Nope, I can get there fine and have never had a problem. It could be a network issue between you and DAZ.

MachineClaw posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 11:29 AM

I haven't had any problems really. Though when Daz updates with new toyes there seems to be weirdness. I have noticed that on the Premium Store link that it alternates between the Vicki 3 face image, and the Vicki3 Activewear image, and sometimes it's 1/2 n 1/2 image, freaky looking. Other than that, it's all working.

ladydawg posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 11:29 AM

It's really weird, I can get into the store from the one link, but can't get access to the home page and the free item of the week or the galleries.... Maybe my money is good enough for them, but I'm not allowed to view their other stuff for free... ;0) It's really weird. But then AT&T cable does act funny at times.

ladydawg posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 11:35 AM

I've even run pings and tracert's on them in the Dos prompt and they all timed out.... I ran those just in case it was an IP being blocked by my firewall...No luck

jelisa posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 12:09 PM

I can't get to the flash page from work because my browser doesn't have the flash plugin and it takes a call to the help desk to install, so no access to anything but the store from the link under where the flash file should be. Which means I can't access the contests page, freebies, contact pages, or Arcana without knowing the urls by memory.

RHaseltine posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 12:46 PM Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/cgi-bin/gateway.cgi

Can you click on the direct link to the free area?

dragongirl posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 1:11 PM

Sometimes when I click my IE Favorites link to DAZ3D - I get a Page Not Found - but if I then click the GO button for the same URL - it will get me there. (NO idea why this happens, but this is how I am able to make it connect some odd-happenings days.) -dg

artnik posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 1:45 PM

I've been having wierdness there too. I can access it but I don't get the pics on the page. If I click the link, it works. I told Rachael at DAZ. She thought it might be due to not having the latest flash version. I haven't checked yet, to see if that's the case. I thought, tho that I just recently updated my flash.

ladydawg posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 2:08 PM

I know I have the latest version of Flash.... I just got Macromedia Studio MX and play with all of those programs on a daily basis, including Flash MX. I always make sure I have the update version.... Like I said before, It's really really weird. And I don't think DAZ would have their servers on two opposite routers.

ladydawg posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 2:11 PM

And I went through your link that you put up...Still nothing Still says the connection is refused....

praxis22 posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 2:20 PM

I'm running phoenix 0.5 and I have no problems, never had a problem with IE either. not tried Netscape for a while though... later jb

pigfish posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 2:33 PM

You can still get the freebies and the FAQ's, tutorials, etc. from the DAZ store page. Look at the icons at the top of the page. The * (star-like thingy) takes you to the free stuff page. The ? takes you to the FAQ's, updates, links to tutorials, etc. The head is for your profile, the cart is your cart, and the cash register is to check out. I can't remember what else is up there but play around with them.

ladydawg posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 2:52 PM

I tried those too... Same thing...The Connection is refused.....

hauksdottir posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 8:30 PM

Yes, the links are there... but if you refused to install the latest Flash 6 thingy, then you can NOT go anywhere but the store and its associated freestuff page. No contests. No news. No tutorials. A particular brand of Flash shouldn't be required to access a commercial site. Making a site unfriendly and inaccessible just to gussy up the surface with bandwidth wasters is a really incredibly stupid idea. Carolly