Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: SAM'S 3D contest starting now ...... want everyone to be able to join in....

SAMS3D opened this issue on Jan 24, 2003 ยท 96 posts

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 2:09 PM

so...here we go...starts now and ends at 14:00 CST tomorrow or whom ever guess correctly first. You must get the answer's to ALL the following clues below, after you have solved those clues, base your guess off of them as to what our newest model is (which will be released tomorrow). Whom ever has ALL the clues correct and the guess as to what our model is will win our newest model and 2 other models of their choice off of our SAM'S 3D site. One submission per person: You will have 5 answers to get, 4 from the clues and one final guess....here they are and good luck: WHERE IS: 84 DEGREES LONGITUDE AND 34 DEGREES LATITUDE (BEING NORTH LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE WEST OF GREENWICH) Unscramble this WW3EEIINN9H1HTTDO9G (clue - 4 words and a year) Unscramble this AART (clue - one word) Unscramble this IITLPJUNM (clue - 2 words) have fun and I wish you all good luck.....Sharen

VirtualSite posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 2:50 PM

YIKES!!!

dialyn posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:01 PM

Atlanta? Gone with the Wind, 1993 Tara Mint Julip> The house that Scarlett lived in???

dialyn posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:02 PM

Ooopps the date would be 1939...I'm dyslexic with numbers.

Claymor posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:07 PM

Atlanta Georgia Gone with the Wind 1939 Tara Mint Julip If it is Tara then that is amazing so I'll go with A serving set including drinking glasses and a pitcher

VirtualSite posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:07 PM

Atlanta Gone with the Wind 1939 Tara Mint Julip Scarlet's family home

fls13 posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:10 PM

Atlanta Gone With The Wind 1939 Tara Mint Julip The Tara Mansion

gebe posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:11 PM

Too late. I could not find out the word "Mint Julip" (What's that???) First I tried to find out "Atlanta 1993 We won the?????" But this was not the right way. Good work dialyn:-)

madmax_br5 posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:14 PM

84 long and 34 lat is 367 miles northeast of New Dheli on the edge of china. Did you mean something else?

dialyn posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:16 PM

I don't think I can win...I messed up the date so that means I entered two responses. :( Can't wait to see what the item is....I have a feeling it is going to be wonderful (I'm hoping it's the Southern Plantation...Sams3D is awesome no matter what they create).

madmax_br5 posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:20 PM

never mind....lol...i looked at the wrong map

Ravenism posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:20 PM

Atlanta GA Gone With The Wind 1939 Tara Mint Julip Twelve Oaks

Elsina posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:20 PM

My guess the model is the ranch TARA (clue 3) from Gone with the Wind, the movie made in 1939 ( clue 2), playing in Georgia (clue 1)

My gallery @ Renderosity

Helen posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:20 PM

Boy you guys are fast. I came to give the same answer and you'all beat me.. Well done :) Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

madmax_br5 posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:21 PM

Tara's dress?

wander posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:22 PM

Answers Atlanta Gone with the Wind 1939 Tara Mint Julep A classic antibellum plantation main house. wander

Elsina posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:22 PM

oops, didn't refresh the page and saw all these answers before me LOL

My gallery @ Renderosity

madmax_br5 posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:22 PM

err....i'm gonna go away now...lol

catlin_mc posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:24 PM

Atlanta, Georgia Gone with the wind, 1939 Tara Mint Julip Margaret Mitchell's place

huskydog posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:31 PM

Sorry. I emailed your site. Didn't realize we were supposed to post it here at the forum: Coordinates are where Tara is supposenly located (North of Atlanta) Gone With The Wind 1939 Tara Mint Julip Antibellum mansion

elgyfu posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:32 PM

OK, have a laugh at my expense. I read south for North and came up with Robinson Crusoe Island off Chile. Then I found a dog called Mint Julip of Tara - and his breed is from Madagascar (here he is). Then I got very confused. Then I realised that everyone else had got it anyway!!!! I was barking up the wrong tree!!!! :)

BluesPadawan posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 3:42 PM

Southeastern Atlanta - Georgia, United States Gone With The Wind, 1939 Tara Mint Julip Antebellum, Agrarian Planation Home or it could be just the dang tree

Claymor posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:09 PM

OK, I think I out-thought myself on this one...since I have already entered and someone else has already said it I think the answer is Twelve Oaks. I forgot the house was Twelve Oaks and the plantation was Tara...grrrrrr... LOL. Great Contest

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:27 PM

Although I like elgyfu's style....let em turn it around: Atlanta, Georgia Gone with the wind, 1939 Tara Mint Julip Margaret Mitchell's House and Museum

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:32 PM

1>Atlanta Georgia 2>Gone with the Wind 1939 3> Tara Plantation 4>Mint Julip Models Twelve Oaks and Mitchell House.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:54 PM

You guys all blow me away, you are just to good....too good..... dialyn your answer's were correct and this is what you will get, it will be ready tomorrow morning. I will email it to you with your choice of 2 other models of your choice. but I need to make it to all have a chance and you were just to good and to fast, now, we will do this one more time, who ever guess's the answer to this will be the winner also, only one winner for this question, and the answer has to be exact....but this will be harder, I (Sharen) got Picture of the Day from E-on's site, what was the title of that picture, must be exact. It was my first Picture of the Day. You answer that and you will also win the new model and 2 other ones of your choice. dialyn take a look see what you got Also thanks to KatetheShrew who sent us the picture for this, I am also posting her picture that she sent us...

another

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:55 PM

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:55 PM

dialyn posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:56 PM

Wow! that's amazing. Your models just get better and better!!!!

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:57 PM

13 doors open and close, ballroom, dinning room, library, 2 large rooms upstairs, all parts come off so if you only want to use parts of this model you can. all texture maps come with this too, mat files and for you Vue users it comes in .vob format. This is the picture KatetheShrew sent us.

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 4:59 PM

This is our Plantation House ! She is a beauty...Sharen

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:04 PM

1>Atlanta Georgia 2.Gone with the wind 1939 3> Tara the Plantation 4> Mint Julip Models Twelve Oaks Gardens

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

dialyn posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:04 PM

Oh, my gosh, I hadn't seen the inside when I posted. I am speechless. Thank you so much. That is a grand and wonderful house. I hardly ever win anything...this is the best.

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:05 PM

Wonderful work! Congrats dialyn. Frankly Sharen, we all give a damn about this one. Beautiful work. !!!!!WoW!!!!! Q

S Mallarmé

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:08 PM

The Old Abandon Mill

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:11 PM

I need the title to my first E-On Picture of the day...try again...Sharen

ldynghtwng posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:11 PM

Darn, I as hoping for Rhett Butler :)

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:14 PM

Q, you kill me....LOL....if you guys can tell me what Scarlet use to say that has been quoted as famous (I don't know by who) but what she always said in the movie, you also will get the model....Sharen

gebe posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:16 PM

I'm sooo happy for dialyn, because this WAS the answer. When I saw it (after we have made working our brain with my husband for one hour), I went on the Internet to find out the relation with his (her?) answer and found out the rest (when somebody has done already the big work, it's easy to find)dork.gif .

Congrats dialyn, you beautifuly got it smiley.gifkiss.gifcontent.gif

And the model you won is Greaaaaat!

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:16 PM

Leaving on a Midnight Train

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

Wadus posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:17 PM

Riverland ??

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:17 PM

Riverland?

S Mallarmé

gebe posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:19 PM

Hou! and I even found the recipe for "Mint Julip" 1 oz. Makers Mark Bourbon 1 Tbsp. Simple syrup 10-15 large fresh mint leaves Muddle mint leaves with simple syrup in bottom of chilled glass. Fill glass with ice then add bourbon. Garnish with mint leaves. LOL, I have no Burbon at home. But will imagine to drink it.

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:19 PM

Croos-post there, sorry.

S Mallarmé

huskydog posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:21 PM

All I remember is that near the end, she says: "After all, tomorrow is another day."

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:24 PM

"As God is my witness, I will never be hungry again...." Q Now I got to go eat.:)

S Mallarmé

bknoh posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:25 PM

After all, tomorrow is another day! Diane

gebe posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:26 PM

Here it is. CHEERS:-)

Blazerwiccan posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:26 PM

Oh well.. someone already guessed it.. (can I say for Extra Credit it was pic of day Feb 18th 2002)? Hehe Leaving on a Midnight Train

bknoh posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:26 PM

As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again! This is an amazing model! Diane

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:27 PM

Gebe... That's not pink at all.... bemused.

S Mallarmé

bknoh posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:28 PM

Dang it...cross posted. Diane

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:30 PM

Jeez, gebe... cross thinking... was thinking Shirley Temple.

S Mallarmé

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:33 PM

Blazerwiccan you won....yes, it was Leaving on a Midnight Train...good work, now you all just have to get the quote....keep looking the answer is out there...what did she constantly say.....Sharen Gebe you kill me....LOL....I am dying here...Sharen

gebe posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:34 PM

quixote, mint has never been pink??? Odr did I misunderstand with my lousy English? Mint is not minth? LOL

Blazerwiccan posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:34 PM

Wish I did win but SndCastie posted that tital 1st before me. WTG SndCastie :)

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:36 PM

thanks blazerwiccan sorry got carried away lol

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:39 PM

btw sharon outstanding model love it!!!

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:42 PM

okay, at least we got that straight, Sandy you get it, now all we need is the quote that Scarlet said.....helloooooo.....come on it is so easy....Sharen

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:44 PM

As God is my witness. . . they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this, and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. . . if I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill! As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:44 PM

What did Scarlet say.....? Sharen

Blazerwiccan posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:44 PM

Ok I found two things she says over and over I will try these two in hopes one is right I do declare AND fiddle-dee-dee There are my last guesses. lol can you tell I want this

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:45 PM

no no no......ahhhhhhh.....keep guessing....you are all so smart.....you have to get this...Sharen

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:47 PM

Yes, Yes Yes.....Blazerwiccan you are right....fiddle-dee-dee....yes yes ...you won.....Sharen

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:48 PM

wahooo Blazerwiccan wtg!!!

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:48 PM

Okay, you all get the new Plantation model tomorrow morning and please send me your choice of 2 other model that we make on our site and they will also be in the mail too........(email)...good work everyone, you did a wonderful job...this was fun....gotta do this again...thanks for playing...Sharen

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:49 PM

meaning SndCastie, Blazerwiccan and of course dialyn....let's not get carried away....LOL...Sharen

Blazerwiccan posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:50 PM

Deep Breath Yay lol. Thanks SndCastie for the Congrats and WTG for you as well. Thank you Sharen I am danceing with joy!! Big Grin

gebe posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:51 PM

"Oh, Rhett, I did lie to you when I said everything was all right. ..." ???

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:51 PM

ok will email you :O)Thanks again for running this early to accomodate some of us that couldn't do it tomorrow!

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

dialyn posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:52 PM

Congratulations, SndCastie and Blazerwiccan!! It's gorgeous, isn't it? Really looking forward to working with it. :)

Blazerwiccan posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:54 PM

Yes and congrats dialyn as well. :) Jumping for joy

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:55 PM

gebe: translation.... I declare Rhett, my virginity is gone with the wind. :) Fun stuff, thank Sharen and Mike. Congrats to all.

S Mallarmé

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 5:58 PM

Okay, now I burnt Mike's supper....he is not smiling...time to go eat...be back later and get to work so you all can get this....:-) Sharen

gebe posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:01 PM

LOL quixote:-)

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:02 PM

Sending you the phone number for great Pizza. As God is my witness, Mike will never go hungry again...!!! (ducking for cover)

S Mallarmé

SndCastie posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:05 PM

thank you dialyn you too!! can't wait lol

Sandy

SndCastie's Little Haven

gebe posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:06 PM

Personally i'm not very "Pizza", but if you have some oisters around there...

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:21 PM

Oisters and mint julip... I'm feeling warm all over event if it is 40 below.

S Mallarmé

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:22 PM

Q, you better duck, Mike doesn't like it when I burn things let alone something he has to eat.....you all have a good night. Sharen

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 6:38 PM

Sorry Sharen, no offence... bad joke. Cheers, Q

S Mallarmé

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 7:20 PM

Just joking Q....LOL..Sharen

SAMS3D posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 7:20 PM

and Q, Mike said to hell with supper he is going for the cognac...Sharen :-)

quixote posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 7:34 PM

Cognac would go well with the oisters. But then we wouldn't see you all for a week.:)

S Mallarmé

Irish posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 9:04 PM

BooHoo! I went to the show so missed your second contest Sharen...I actually wrote to you to tell you I had seen your picture on E-on site when it appeared and you were sure surprised. Glad you ladies won...Congratulations and super congrats to Dialyn. Your house is simply gorgeous!!! I'm saving my pennies right now cause I just gotta have it. Way to go Sharen and Mike!! :) Irene

Dave-So posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 9:45 PM

I thought this was supposed to start tomorrow(Saturday) morning??? or is that a different contest. 1. SAM'S 3D 1 day contest starts tomorrow morning at.... by SAMS3D on 1/24/03 04:03 Tomorrow morning at 6:00 CST and will end 6 hours later or whom ever guess's correctly first. This is for the release of our newest model, which you will love....!!!!....you will have to unscramble 3 items, (we will give you hints) after you unscramble the three items those will be clues, from those clues you will guess what our newest model. Whomeever guess's first will receive it free, along with 2 other models of their choice off of our site. So see you at 6:00 CST....Sharen

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

pdxjims posted Fri, 24 January 2003 at 11:18 PM

sigh I didn't even notice the contest until it was over. I guess I'll just have to ~buy~ it. Are you going to do the furniture for it too? Especially the drapes! I hope this is the start of a series like Andy Griffith and the Trains. I've got most of those and love them. ...that gives me an idea...(grin).

chohole posted Sat, 25 January 2003 at 4:23 AM

And I had probs with my telephone line (thanks BT) so I didn't get back on line till now. Never mind I know what I want for my birthday now, and I am saying this out loud as I am typing, so someone else hears, but he appears to be cocking a deaf 'un.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

FWTempest posted Sat, 25 January 2003 at 6:02 AM

not happy... signed on at a little before 6:00am, just like the last thing I read, only to find the contest over already?? oh well.. next time, I guess congrats

KateTheShrew posted Sat, 25 January 2003 at 12:25 PM

Sharen, you guys did a beautiful job on this one. It's almost a perfect reproduction (the original building has a matching staircase in the back but I'm not gonna get all picky about that grin). I can't believe the detail, and I love that grand staircase in the main hall. WOW!! Maybe I should send you guys pictures more often. giggle Kate

Helen posted Sat, 25 January 2003 at 12:52 PM

I agree with Kate... Exceptional work. Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

SAMS3D posted Sat, 25 January 2003 at 2:41 PM

Kate, how do you know about the inside? We just took a guess about the layout inside, I am so glad you do like it. Sharen

KateTheShrew posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 2:16 AM

Well, Sharen, I'll tell ya... see, this is Drayton Hall, I found it while I was researching architectural styles and I found a website that actually had a floorplan of the house posted. The funniest part of this is sometime last year after I had sent you the picture, I was watching "Haunted History" one of my favorite shows on the History Channel, and son of a gun, there was the HOUSE. :) And they actually took the cameras inside for a tour. The place was horribly rundown, but oh my goodness, looking at what was left it had to have been gorgeous. There's a restoration project going on, I believe, and they're repairing the ceiling medallion in the great hall and the ceiling molding is just fantastic, what's left of it that is. What's really uncanny, though, is that your model follows the floorplan of the original pretty closely. Of course, when I'm done with it, I'll have stuck two or three of them together to add wings and a courtyard and other goodies like that. Ya won't recognize the jernt. :) As soon as the project is ready for testing, I'll send ya a copy. Hope you like mystery/fantasy games... hehe Kate

SAMS3D posted Sun, 26 January 2003 at 5:26 AM

wow that is really interesting....I can't wait to see what you do...Sharen