Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Before & After Work

ericthegreat83 opened this issue on Jan 29, 2003 ยท 3 posts

ericthegreat83 posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 8:05 PM

Hi I want some comments on how too improve this or what you like about this Thanks :-) It took me 8 months too to this. This is my dad who was in the US Navy in this pic he is in his 20's.

kruzr posted Wed, 29 January 2003 at 9:28 PM

Hi ericthegreat83, I think you did a good job on the picture. The only thing, in my opinion, that I would have done differently, would be to have left the right half of the background in place, instead of changing it to solid white. And it appears that when you did change it to white, you cut off part of his kilt, ( you can see it in a straight line of the right side of his kilt ). This is only my opinion, everyone thinks differently. Your reworked picture that I'm posting is only about 30 minutes work, so please don't look for quality in it. Good luck & have a good one . . . Mark.

Slynky posted Thu, 30 January 2003 at 10:50 AM

i also think you need to calibrate your monitor. There aren't any solid blacks on my screen, and I've got things calibrated. Nothing goes darker than like a 70%grey or so... great job on the stitching tho bro. Only qualm about it is that the very top stitch is somewhat visible still around his collar bone... though if I didnt know it was stitched i prolly wouldn't have noticed.