Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Product Review - V2-V3 Texture Converter

caleb68 opened this issue on Feb 03, 2003 ยท 41 posts

caleb68 posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 1:51 AM

Attached Link: Get The V2-V3 Texture Converter here

![artistdownload.ez?Who=caleb68&fileid=275](http://www.renderosity.com/artistdownload.ez?Who=caleb68&fileid=2755&key=103127)

Dark Whisper and Mason_Stonehenge have brought you this wonderful tool for use with your poser textures. By far this is one of the best utility programs I have bought for poser so far, including from Commerical Businesses. This Program will save Merchants and Poser users countless hours of frustration in converting textures from Victoria 2 over to the new Victoria 3 format. What took me to do over a process of 3 days, this program accomplished in a mannor of seconds. The Products Display as shown above is kept in the simplest form that even the most novice user would be able to use it. Simply load the texture you want to convert, let it know if it is a vitoria 2 texture you want to convert to victoria 3 or vise versa by a simple option click, let the program know if your converting the body, head, eyes, or transparency over by a simple option click. The program automatically selects the for the texture and lets you change it if you see fit. It doesn't end there though, you can even set the output resolution of the new texture by simply typing it in, want it bigger? noo problem. The JPEG Quality lets you set the ammount of compression you want to save the new texture with, lowest being grainy, highest preserving the texture fully. After you have the values selected Click the Convert button and watch it work, Right before your eyes you'll see the victoria texture Redrawn in the right most window, taking only a matter of 2-5 seconds on my PC's, it was quick simple and fast. Thinking that there would be seam lines for me to fix from the orginal victoria 2 textures I loaded the image up in my paint program, and was just amazed that there were no seam lines down the body's sides or the heads sides, it was truely amazing. but don't just take my word for it.
artistdownload.ez?Who=caleb68&fileid=275

Seeing is believing, the above image is victoria 3 with my victoria 2 'Dragon Folk' texture converted over for it. I was amazed at the exceptional conversion to the victoria 3 format, this left me with next to no editing for the image. The Head and body texture converted over very nicely, so even with high detail images there seems to be little or no loss of quality from converting. Dark_Whisper and Mason_Stonehenge out did themselves with this program, A superb application, easy to use, well built and Functions quickly. Congradulations Dark_Whisper and Mason_STonehenge, you both have outdone yourselves this time, I'm looking forward myself to seeing what wonderious gifts you will be bringing our way with your next product release. A Very Satasified Customer -caleb68